Position: Director of Software Engineering
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
LiveData Utilities is looking for a dynamic, hands-on, technical, and self-driven Director of Software Engineering. The Director of Software Engineering will lead, organize, and nurture the software team that develops and deploys real-time dataflow solutions to the energy industry. Our solutions are based on our core RTI Server engine. RTI Server is used across the utility industry to manage complex dataflow integrations of the Smart Grid.
The Director of Software Engineering will manage all aspects of the engineering department, including product development, coding, code performance, project management, release scheduling, sprint timing, QA, release schedules, and cybersecurity. The Director will work closely with the Professional Services team to ensure customer success.
- Lead and manage the day-to-day activities of a distributed, cross-functional team of developers and software quality assurance engineers to deliver scheduled software releases to customers on time and with high-quality output
- Provide technical leadership in the development, deployment, and debugging of real-time energy software solutions
- Work closely with product management to create product roadmaps and release schedules at the strategic level, and plan and execute sprints at the tactical level
- Improve software development methodology to increase accountability and speed of software development while ensuring software quality
- Work with the professional services team members to support client implementations and ongoing technical customer support
- Introduce, develop, and maintain tools, practices, and processes to help the organization scale, designing best-in-class architecture, utilizing a mature software development lifecycle, developing test and release automation, and improving team productivity
- Work with senior management as well as customers and channel partners to understand customer needs and wants on an as-needed basis
- Hire, nurture, and grow the team to develop a world-class enterprise software organization while helping team members reach their full potential as software development professionals
- 10+ years’ experience (2 years’ management) in system-level application development for Windows
- Experience developing web applications, particularly data analytics and machine learning (desired)
- Experience programming threads, sockets, timers, and I/O in Windows (required)
- In-depth knowledge of C/C++/Python/asm(x86/x64) application development at the level of the C-runtime and Win32 API level and sometimes lower (required)
- Experience with Visual Studio (C/C++/Python/C#) as well as Subversion
- Familiarity with industrial control protocols OPC UA, DNP3, Modbus, ICCP, and SCADA (desired)
- Proven track record for building and developing motivated and productive development teams
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Expertise in software development lifecycle management
- Bachelor's degree or above in electrical engineering, computer science or related discipline
About the Company:
LiveData Utilities is a new organization within an established entrepreneurial company working hard to make the grid smarter.
The explosion of Distributed Energy Resources (DERs) and the disparate energy management systems required to manage a fleet of DERs is forcing a revolution in how enlightened organizations are architecting the complex system of systems which make up the Smart Grid today. LiveData Utilities RTI Server Platform is the industry-leading, real-time OT solution to manage this forever increasing complexity.
We are located in Cambridge overlooking the Charles River, seconds to the Mass Pike, on the bike path, and a 15-minute walk from the Red Line in Central Square.